Historically, the Industrial Laundry Industry was made of up family-owned and operated companies. These family-owned businesses serviced their towns and regions with customer-driven service that fostered strong relationships. Throughout the 1980s, ’90s and early 2000s, however, many of them were consolidated by the larger public wall-street traded corporations. While these national laundries are able to serve national contracts with more ease than independent regional companies, there is without a doubt many advantages to choosing a Family-owned independent laundry, leading to higher levels of customer satisfaction.
- Not being traded on Wall-Street, independent companies are beholden only to their customers and employees. This allows them to make decisions driven by customer needs and not shareholder profits;
- With fewer layers of management between the customer and the ownership, a family-owned, independent treats each customer with more attention and importance;
- With fewer facilities, independents can be more innovation-driven and adopt the newest technologies without as much investment;
- The family atmosphere and culture often leads to happier employees and that translates into happier customers;
- Independents can customize their processes easier, not adopting cookie-cutter programs for their customers.
Be it healthcare scrubs and lab coats, hospitality linens and chef wear, industrial uniforms and workwear, safety apparel, or other types of logo apparel – CLEAN embodies the customer-focused culture the Industrial Laundry Industry began with.