It’s cold and flu season. Healthcare professionals recognize that the changing seasons cause an influx of illnesses, including the flu. There are many ways to limit your risk of the flu, one of which is a flu shot. Do you know if you should get vaccinated?
Who Should Get Vaccinated This Season?
Everyone at least 6 months of age should get a flu vaccine this season. It’s especially important for some people to get vaccinated. Those people include the following:
- People who are at high risk of developing serious complications like pneumonia if they get sick with the flu. This includes:
- People who have certain medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, and chronic lung disease.
- Pregnant women.
- People 65 years and older
- People who live with or care for others who are high risk of developing serious complications. This includes:
- household contacts and caregivers of people with certain medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, and chronic lung disease.
Healthcare professionals can tell you more about the benefits of the flu shot for you and your family.